26 January 2012

Kata Beach Center Hotel, Phuket

In my experience, accommodation is something that you need to pay attention the most in Southeast Asia especially after I experienced the four star, false paradise: Ecosfera Hotel in Bali. But this time in Phuket, I was quite lucky on lodging because I booked Kata Beach Center Hotel. This is a cozy three star hotel which is run by a lovely Dutch family. The hotel is in a small center, Kata Beach center, for hotels and restaurants located in the northern part of Kata settlement. Kata Beach Center Hotel is composed of three buildings with the facilities on the ground floors and the rooms on the upper floors. The main building is with the reception and lobby. Another one, on the opposite side, has the restaurant, swimming pool and bar. The last one is roughly 50 meter away, at the end of the street towards Patak Rd. This building has the jacuzzi, sauna and spa. Among all, I only had a chance to check out the massage although that was the only paid service. It was very good and the price was not expensive. You can get a reduction, actually two times if you have two massage, with a discount voucher given by the hotel upon your arrival. I recommend you to have the aloe vera massage at least once especially at the end of your stay to release all stress on your skin. Other than that, they also have a motorbike rental service through which you can rent a bike for 250 baht per day! Which is quite a deal in Kata where you have to pay 400 baht for a 7 km ride to Phatong beach by taxi or tuck-tuck.




The rooms were not better or worse that it is promised but exactly the same as you see on-line. No disappointment! Though they have everything in the rooms: almost 100 channel international satellite TV with LCD screens, digital locked safe box, A/C, fridge with cold water (they didn't charged me the water I had during my stay!), electric kettle with tea bags and instant coffee etc. I had a chance to experience the double and twin rooms in two buildings due to my mistake on reservation on booking.com. I forgot to ask for the double room hence they put me in the available room which had two single beds. I booked for 4 nights. That would be quite sad to be squeezed in a small bed for all the time. I asked them to change and they changed my room in the next day with a big smile. I really appreciated their attitude towards this problem and this way of approaching customers and their problems was the same throughout the stay. Moreover, the room service was great. They were cleaning my room and changing the towels, upon my request tag on the door, everyday and making it like it was at the beginning. What I liked most in this hotel was the way they value the customer satisfaction through good service and a sincere smile.

Overall,  I had a great time in Kata Beach and a significant part of this satisfaction was thanks to the gorgeous people of Kata Beach Center Hotel. I highly recommend you to check out their web site for their availability before planning a trip to Phuket Island. I think in this hotel satisfaction truly warrantied!




No comments:

Post a Comment